Receive files from remote device
Sometimes a workflow demands to receive files from a remote device like a Raspberry Pi . One example could be a log file that needs further analysis. When the device is not in the same local network this can be a lot of hassle. In this example we will show a workflow which uses qbee-connect to download the syslog file from a remote device.
Task - download remote syslog file
- open qbee-connect on your machine and connect to the remote device with ssh on port 22
- qbee-connect maps port 22 on a different local host port. In this case it is 62530
- run a scp command from your local machine to the remote device using the -P command to use the mapped port
scp -P 62530 root@localhost:/var/log/syslog syslog_ctr-700
- this copies the remote syslog file to the local device
- task completed. This works also across firewalls or NATs.
This works of course in both directions and is just another example how you can use the port mapping functionality of qbee. Here is a short video showing the above.